- Which is the first tobacco free village in India?
- Is cigarette banned in Kerala?
- When did tobacco come to India?
- Which district in Kerala produce more rice?
- Which city is known as Smoke city of India?
- Which district in Kerala produce tobacco?
- Which district is the largest producer of cashew nut in Kerala?
- Which city is known as Smoke City?
- Which of the following has been declared as country first tobacco free village?
- Which state is famous for Kaju?
- Which state is the largest producer of cashew in India?
- Which country is the largest exporter of cashew nuts?
Which is the first tobacco free village in India?
GariphemaKohima: Gariphema village in Nagaland has been declared the country’s first “tobacco-free village”..
Is cigarette banned in Kerala?
On 12 July 1999, Kerala became the first state in India to ban smoking in public places when a Division Bench of the Kerala High Court declared “public smoking as illegal first time in the history of whole world, unconstitutional and violative of Article 21 of the Constitution.” The Bench, headed by Dr. Justice K.
When did tobacco come to India?
17th centuryTobacco is said to have been introduced into India in the beginning of 17th century.
Which district in Kerala produce more rice?
PalakkadPalakkad, the rice granary of Kerala, has about 83,000 ha under paddy cultivation, accounting for 40 per cent of the state’s total paddy area. The district, along with Kuttanad region in Alappuzha and the coastal areas of Thrissur district, is the main rice producing region.
Which city is known as Smoke city of India?
ChandigarhChandigarh has perhaps become the first city in this region and in India to be declared as a smoke-free city from 15 th July 2007….Article Access StatisticsCited by others213 more rows
Which district in Kerala produce tobacco?
KasaragodKasaragod is the largest producer of Tobacco in Kerala, whereas Kannur is famous for cashew-nut, Ernakulam is famous for pineapple and Thrissur has high cultivation of paddy.
Which district is the largest producer of cashew nut in Kerala?
KannurKannur is the leading producer of cashew nuts in Kerala, whereas Ernakulam leads in pineapple production, Kasargod in rubber production and Thiruvananthapuram is the information technology hub of Kerala.
Which city is known as Smoke City?
London CityIn the mid-20th century, around 1952 great clouds of smoke covered the whole of London and the clouds of smoke stayed in the atmosphere for many days which caused many skin diseases. That is why London City in England is called “The Smoke” or “The Big Smoke”.
Which of the following has been declared as country first tobacco free village?
Nagaland21. Country’s first tobacco-free village in Nagaland. The Times of India. June 1, 2014.
Which state is famous for Kaju?
4. INTEGRATED PRODUCTION PRACTICES OF CASHEW IN INDIA – E.V.V. Bhaskara RaoStatesArea (ha)Production (tons)Kerala118,600140,000Karnataka83,90037,600Goa49,60017,800Maharashtra66,70069,0006 more rows
Which state is the largest producer of cashew in India?
MaharashtraIt may be observed that Maharashtra (1.86 lakh ha) was the leading producer of cashew nut followed by Andhra Pradesh (1.85 lakh ha), Odissa (1.82 lakh ha), Karnataka (1.26 lakh ha) and Kerala (0.87 lakh ha). India produces 7.79 lakh MT of cashew nut spread across more than 6 states.
Which country is the largest exporter of cashew nuts?
VietnamVietnam is the leading exporter of cashew nuts to Europe and the rest of the world. In terms of tonnes of in-shell cashew nuts, Vietnam actually produces less than Ivory Coast and India. In 2018, Vietnam produced around 77,000 tonnes of shelled cashew nut kernels but exported 3.5 times more (around 270,000 tonnes).